Lemon Shrimp & Risotto

So, I guess you could call this recipe a win lose. I thought it was pretty darn good, Brad & Matt thought way too much lemon. I actually followed a recipe, well, as close as I can. So, here's what I made, and how I'll revise it. I know some of you, Tracy, especiall you, love lemon, you would LOVE this recipe. Maybe serve lemons on the side if others don't care for lemon as much.

Marinade:
1 1/2 lbs shrimp
6 garlic cloves - I used 8 barely could taste it
2 T EVOO
2 Lemons Zested + Juice of 1 lemon
salt & pepper to taste.
Edited & tried - I will keep garlic amount, take it down to 1 lemon zest and a tiny bit of juice. I marinted about 6 hours, definitely could reduce time to 20-30 min.

Risotto:
1 1/2 cups Aborio Rice
3 cups chicken broth + 1 1/2 cups water
1 Large shallott, diced finely
EVOO
2/3 cup dry white wine
1/4 tsp salt & pepper
1 lemon zested + 3 T lemon juice
1 Cup Fontina Cheese
1/2 Cup fresh chopped basil

Serves 4

In one med. size sauce pan, simmer chicken broth and water. In large pan, add 2 T EVOO, add diced shallot, cook 3 min. Add rice, cook 2 min till covered in oil. Add wine, cook 3 min till absorbed. Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time till absorbed. Repeat with remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time. This process takes about 25 min. Add cheese, salt & pepper. I used about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup cheese & used parmesan & pecornio romano.

Grill or stove top cook shrimp. Serve shrimp & risotto, topping with chopped basil. Served this with steamed carrots & asparagus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing!! AND, fast, easy and cheap!

Carrie Underwood Leg Workout

Maleficent Costume DIY & Glowing Staff Tutorial