Crock Pot Chicken with Cherries

This is an ultra fast, delicious and cheap meal. When I say ultra, I mean ultra. Total prep time is under 20 min. I found a recipe that lead me to this, I edited as always.

1 whole chicken (Costco $4)
1 pkg. crinkle cut carrots
1 12oz jar cherry preserves
1/2 cup cooking wine (I used white it called for red, but I was misinformed by my hubby that we had red.)
1/8 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper
2 T balsamic vinegar

In a small sauce pan bring preserves, wine, sugar and salt to a boil. Boil, stirring often till thickened, about 8 min. Place chicken in Crock Pot breast up, add carrots, salt and pepper bird and carrots. Make a few slits in the breast of the chick. Pour cherry mixture over chicken, use a spoon or knife to hold open slits. Cherries should fall into the slits. Juice will fill up slits and fall around chicken. Cook on low 4-5 hours.

We wanted quick and easy, so we did some instant potatoes and gravy on the side. Not everything needs to be complicated! Use chicken broth instead of water for the potatoes.

The carrots were amazing!! I looked at Brad's plate, carrots were gone before his meat & potatoes. Yeah, that good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing!! AND, fast, easy and cheap!

Carrie Underwood Leg Workout

Maleficent Costume DIY & Glowing Staff Tutorial