Tried out a few new recipes and concoctions last night, great results!
Mexican Inspired Salad:
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 cup lite sour cream
- 4-6 T. Jalapenos
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime (add more if you like)
- Fresh minced garlic, 5 cloves
- S & P to taste
Chop garlic, add to food processor along with jalapenos & cilantro. Add yogurt, cream, lime juice & s/p. Can be used immediately or chilled in fridge for a few days. Also, great as a vegetable dip!
- 1 Head Romaine, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- Bacon Bits 1/8 cup (reduced fat)
- Grated Manchego cheese, 1/4 - 1/2 cup
Toss salad with dressing. Top each serving with prepared tortilla strips. Enjoy!