Crock Pot - Raspberry Piquillo Chicken
- 2 - 4 chicken breasts, sliced into 1'' wide strips
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, sliced (1/2'') & quartered
- 10 oz. Raspberry piquillo pepper sauce ***
- 1/2 of a large bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 4 gloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon salt (on chicken)
- 1 full Tablespoon sliced, pickled jalapenos
- 1 fresh avocado
- dollop of low fat sour cream
Mix ingredients well in Crock Pot. Cook on low 4 hours. When ready to serve, spoon mixture onto plate and top with fresh sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream. The avocado made it!
* Notes: I only had 2 chicken breasts on hand, but next time I will use 4. My husband LOVED this dish so much! He additionally added more jalapeno's and a bit of salsa for more heat. This dish was "warm" and not too spicy, but just the right amount of light heat.
*** Raspberry Piquillo Pepper sauce was found at Home Goods. Here is the link for online ordering: Sauce Link