Peanut chicken served with brown rice is full of flavor and added nutritional value from brown rice! Makes 3-4 servings.
1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
4T Low sodium soy sauce
2T Rice vinegar
1/2 chicken broth
1/2 T - 1T Garlic powder (to personal taste)
1 1/2 T Garlic Chili Paste or 2 T Sriracha
1 small handful of coconut
Chicken & other ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 yellow onion, sliced and cut into bite -size pieces
1/2 stalk green onions
4 T Oil
2 Servings brown rice
Coconut Milk (substitute for water in brown rice: use at least half coconut milk)
4T (aprox.) toasted coconut (optional) for topping
1. Saute vegetables in oil over low heat. Meanwhile, begin rice.
2. Whisk all peanut suace ingredients together. Mixture will not mix together right at first, but will after a minute or two with a whisk.
3. Toast coconut in oven/ toaster oven, if desired.
4. Cut chicken into strips, begin sauteing over low-medium heat until cooked through.
5. Once chicken is cooked through, add peanut sacue to skillet. Mix well. Cook on low another 2-3 minutes.
6. Arrange brown rice on plate, top with sauteed chicken & toasted coconut.